I am racking my brain to remember what I do when there is a new baby in the house - you'd think I'd remember seeing as it is only 14 months since there WAS one! If you have any other ideas please add to the comments!
Here are my tips:
- have a stash of baby pillowcases in your bedside drawer for quick changes when baby has a little "possit" in bed. Christopher was a power chucker until he was a few months old and this saved me a lot of changed sheets.
- A nappy change area with wipes/washers, nappies, a few changes of clothes etc. is very handy - although having a pre-schooler or toddler handy to fetch things is also invaluable!
- Clean cloth nappies for shoulders, a stack of books to read aloud to older children, a small box of toys to amuse the younger-older kids and a bottle of water for Mum by the feeding spot. It gets full near my feeding chair!
- I haven't practised what I am preaching here this time, but a freezer full of food is a great thing to bring a new baby home to!
- A Birth Day cake in the freezer and some balloons is becoming tradition in our house. I'm not sure if Billy is more excited about the baby or the cake!
- Lots and lots and lots and lots of love! With the ability to keep a sense of humor and roll with the punches a bit.