Friday, February 10, 2012

Update


Here is my theory.  I think that a combination of reflux and growing out of her shunt is making Kaylee need oxygen.  I have a feeling that she had actually started well on the road to needing oxygen at home  My guess is we are here until the Doctors realise this and schedule Kaylee's surgery.  I don't have a medical degree, although I could probably get a degree in Kaylee, and I am happy to be proven wrong (it'd be nice to actually be able to PACK and PLAN properly!).  But that's my theory.

Tomorrow we will try again and I have a feeling that I will once again be turning off alarms and watching to see that Miss K doesn't get too blue.

 And then we will spend the rest of the day chilling out together

and we will do it all again the next day.

Do you a deal Miss Kaylee, you give up the nasal prongs and I will give up the mochas.

2 comments:

Susan (HomeGrownKids) said...

Wow, Jess, she has grown so big!!! I suppose that is bound to happen but her lovely photo just took me by surprise. And what a mop of hair! I love her little bow too :)

I suspect you maybe right - having a degree in 'Kaylee'. Can you gently and discreetly suggest your idea to the doctor's? Sure they may pooh-pooh you at first but at least you're planting the seed in their mind.

I don't comment often Jess, but please know you are in my prayers a lot more than I actually comment.

Love to you all,
Susan

Jess said...

Thanks Susan :) The doctors here are actually pretty respectful of my expertise most of the time so I just come out and say what is on my mind. They take it into account but of course they have to eliminate everything else too. It is rare for them to outright disagree with me even when they think I am bonkers :) It will take a while for them to eliminate all the more likely scenarios and that will give Kaylee a chance to get stronger before they operate anyway so I am not unhappy.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

Jess