Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Notes from a home schooling Mum

A reaction to some of those comments.




To the lady with the blue jacket and the disapproving tone.
I am glad you enjoyed sending your kids to school.
Your eyes look sad and I wonder how much joy you have had in your life.
I wish you'd enjoyed picking them up as much as you did dropping them off.

To the man with the football beenie and the concerned frown.
I am happy for you that you met your best friends at school.
It sounds like it was a very positive experience for you.
I hope my friends have good mates like you as they grow up.

To the lady with the purple hat and the laugh lines.
Thankyou, I think my children are lovely too!



note: all characters are fictional composites that will be recognised by almost any homeschooling mum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your reactions to those comments.

I can especially empathise with the one about picking the children up from school as much as they did dropping them off. So many people are EXTREMELY happy to get rid of their children for the day at school.

I love my children, and enjoy teaching them at home, and we,too, get comments about how well-behaved our children are. Once upon a time, it was the norm to have well-behaved children. Now, it seems that it is rather an oddity.