Monday, October 05, 2009

Guess what we did last night?

we went on a great big BOAT!

Yes, we are officially on holidays. After adventures like eating dinner and sleeping all night on the Spirit of Tasmania 1 we arrived in Melbourne bright and early this morning. We saw FIVE hot air balloons floating over the city and it was all quite peaceful - until everyone else woke up and the two carsick prone kids suffered the inevitable side effect of stop-start city driving! Overall, it has been wonderful so far with the kids behaving beautifully on the boat, even with all of us squished into a four berth cabin (Billy and Erin top-n-tailed and Anna went in the tiny port-a-cot they provide). We are staying with friends today and I am taking advantage of their computer and kitchen (they have a PANTRY, a GAS STOVE and CUPBOARD DOORS!!).

Tomorrow we are off to the ZOO!!

3 comments:

Momma Bug said...

Ooooh! Cupboard doors!!
My buddy Shauna in Canada finally got cupboard doors here last Summer (I think it was). I myself have lived without them. In fact, another dear buddy of mine in Oregon still doesn't have cupboards...
It must be trendy - you're like, totally "with it" ya know?
Now tell me, can you REALLY appreciate doors on your cupboard unless you've lived WITHOUT them?
I think NOT!

Bek said...

I can't believe the cooking you did in my kitchen yesterday! Thanks!!! Hope you enjoyed the Zoo, in between hail, I guess I will find out soon when you get home again. I agree with "Momma Bug" in saying that you cannot appreciate something enough until you have been without it!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoyed your day at the zoo. ☺

We just spend a few days holidaying in Tumby Bay, and it was great.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><